Book your charming holiday cottage for spring or Easter holidays in Brittany
Want to enjoy nature and breathe in the sea air? Take a spring break in Brittany in one of our relaxing little houses in Plélo, near the sea.
Your cottage and its private garden to fully enjoy spring in Brittany.
The little hamlet of holiday homes of ‘Into the Prairie’ combine all the conditions to enchant your spring getaway in Brittany:
- A perfect location for for exploring Brittany : Whether all of Brittany, only northern Brittany or the Côtes d'Armor area, the very close proximity of our gîtes to the motorway will allow you to reduce your trips as much as possible and spend less time in the car.
- The absolute comfort of a charming cottage just for you: With family, as a couple or with friends, whatever your vacation plan for the summer, you will benefit from one or more cozy accommodations, from 2 to 6 people, to get together or maintain your privacy. Marie's house with its 3 bedrooms can accommodate large families while Florence's house is a real cozy nest for lovers, a cocooning gîte with a view of nature.
- Chic and charm : Coming to Brittany is also the pleasure of getting away from it all with typical architecture and atmosphere. Our charming cottages have retained their authenticity and Breton character. But their careful layout and original decor give them modernity and style.
- Each house has a private garden, an ideal place for parents to organize a fun egg hunt during the Easter holidays and see the children marvel at their finds.
- Outdoor common areas are also available to our guests: From the month of April, you will find the first salads and aromatic plants in the vegetable garden or the old-fashioned glasshouse, you can play table tennis or table football in the shed or relax on the large terrace to the sound of the birds singing.
Leave it to us and completely relax. Your cottage will be ready when you arrive, and we can prepare your breakfasts.
Why spend your spring break or your Easter vacation in Brittany?
Easter, and spring in general, is an excellent time to take a holiday in Brittany. The days are getting longer, nature is waking up and the temperature is starting to rise.
In Spring, sweetness and tranquility await you in northern Brittany
Does leaving the city and settling in the countryside, near the sea tempt you? Book your stay in Brittany for April, May or June, our peaceful region in spring will recharge your batteries with the most beautiful energy.
Mild weather at Easter, May and June in the Côtes d’Armor
Brittany benefits from a temperate oceanic climate: it is mild all year round. Even though spring is wetter than summer (thanks for our gardens!), it offers beautiful sunny days thanks to the winds which quickly chase away the clouds. Whether for your Easter holidays or a break in May or June to take advantage of the public holidays, you will enjoy the beautiful clear spells and the magical light they diffuse.
The authenticity of iconic sites without the summer rush
Some villages, tourist sites or viewpoints are very busy in summer. In spring, you can visit them in complete peace and quiet. And thus have more time to explore the towns of our pretty coast: Binic, Plouha, Paimpol, Perros-Guirec, Trégastel, Ploumanac'h, Plougrescant and the Small Cities of Character or Towns of Art and History: Châtelaudren, Quintin, Guingamp, Tréguier, Pontrieux...
Don’t hesitate to dedicate a day to the beautiful island: l'Île de Bréhat. It is particularly charming with its flowery paths, its pink granite rocks and its very jagged coastline. Don't miss the Birlot tide mill, the extraordinary panorama at the Saint-Michel chapel, the Paon lighthouse, and if you have time, visit the glassworks.
Tasty seasonal products
Springtime emerges, painting the world with blossoms and reviving the symphony of life. It's time to explore the surrounding markets to discover Breton specialties like pancakes (crêpes), salty butter and caramels & artisan cider. You can buy local products and early vegetables, stock up on fishmongers' stalls... and taste a traditional savory pancake with suasage (galette saucisse).
Do you like oysters? Meet at the Arin Family’s Oyster Bar near Paimpol.
As for scallops, crabs, and lobsters, they are fished locally everyday. Which means that at the restaurant, you will enjoy them very fresh... And this makes all the difference!
Spring in Brittany, an ideal season for admiring nature
The trees adorned with small, wrinkled, soft green leaves... The pink buds on the branches of the apple trees... The song of the cuckoo and the first hammering of the woodpeckers... Spring is inspiring, rejuvenating and energizing. It’s an ideal time to take a break and get back to nature.
The magnificent beaches of Northern Brittany to discover in Spring
There are more than 120 beaches in the Côtes d'Armor area, and spring is the ideal time to explore them in complete tranquility. Here are some of the most beautiful beaches near our houses:
- In Binic (10 minutes drive): ‘La Banche’ beach with its seawater swimming pool and its lively esplanade on sunny days as well as ‘Avant-Port beach’ with its colorful cabins & games for children.
Gourmet break: One, two, three scoops of ice-cream? Direction ‘Morice Ice-Cream Shop’ on the quays. And it’s not just for kids!
- In Étables-sur-mer (15 mins) :‘Godelins’ beach with its wild charm and ‘Moulin’ beach where you can have a drink or dinner with your feet in the sand.
- In Saint-Quay-Portrieux (20 mins) : ‘Casino’ beach, the family beach with its emblematic seawater swimming pool and paddling pool as well as Comtesse beach, very romantic with its small island & beach huts.
- In Plouha (20 mins) : ‘Le Palus’ beach for a long stroll or go surfing. You can also rent stand up paddles and kayaks here.
The GR34: This is the historic coastal path, linking the Bay of Mont-Saint-Michel to Saint-Nazaire
Some suggestions for viewpoints on the Breton coast:
- La Pointe de Plouha, the highest cliffs in Brittany.
- Gwin Zegal, the small medieval fishing port of Plouha where boats are moored to wooden stakes.
- The picturesque port of Bréhec (Plouézec)
- La Pointe de Bilfot (Plouézec)
- Beauport Abbey, historic abbey and gardens in Paimpol.
- Plougrescant, Port-Blanc et leurs nombreux îlots
- In Ploumanac’h, the coastal path offers the quintessence of the Pink Granite Coast.
Exceptional gardens enhanced in Spring
The Roche Jagu estate : This 15th century castle and its gardens offer a breathtaking view of the Trieux river. In spring, wisteria, honeysuckle and camellias flower. Please note, access to these splendors is free.
Gourmet break: Le Petit Jagu restaurant and tea rooms offers you “natural and whimsical cuisine” in the heart of the estate, with a view of the castle.
Les Jardins de Kerdalo : Located in Trédarzec, this romantic garden is rich in nearly 5,000 varieties of plants, it lights up in spring with its wisteria, azaleas and rhododendrons.
The Kestellic gardens : This estate in Plouguiel will enchant you with its exotic plants, its ponds, and the sublime panorama it offers over the Jaudy river.
The garden of Ker Louis in Plévenon : Today, there are 400 varieties of rhododendrons, camellias, and hydrangeas, not counting the numerous rose bushes and colorful maples which complete this palette.